An experienced former CFO who served at several boards of multinationals, contributed in strategy development, organization restructuring, governance, financial and legal structures and business modeling. Amir possesses knowledge in various environments with a focus on industrial companies in FMCGs, Pharmaceuticals, Building materials and Agricultural and Financial Sectors.
Core accountability with acquisitions, starts ups and turn around businesses.
Covered a diverse geographical area in Egypt, Saudi / Gulf and East Europe.
- Startup of Industrial development Co. at the Ministry of Trade & industry, Egypt 2017
- Turnaround of a distressed asset at Saint Gobain, Egypt 2012-2016
- Turnaround of Gozour several platform companies and co-lead exit strategies, Egypt 2009-2011
- Startup of Gozour Group holding management Co. Citadel Capital, Egypt 2008
- Startup of a manufacturing & commercial entity for AstraZeneca, Egypt 2005-2008
- Turnaround & Post-acquisition recovery of Pepsi-Co, Egypt 2000-2005
- Legal Entity and commercial modeling start up at Merck & Co., Hungary 97-99
- Regional policy initiation & integration at Merck & Co., Saudi 91-97
- Design of go to market and distribution model at Merck, Saudi 91-97
- Design of cost and profitability models at Procter & Gamble, 88-90
- Executive Director Finance and Administration, Industrial Development Company, Ministry of Trade and Industry, August 2017 – Jan 2018
- CFO and Board Member, Saint Gobain Egypt, Building Materials, 2012 – 2016
- Group CFO and Board Member, Gozour FMCG and Agri Platform of Citadel Capital – Private Equity, 2008 – 2012
- CFO and Board Member, AstraZeneca Egypt, Pharmaceuticals, 2005 – 2008
- Financial Controller, Pepsi Cola Egypt, FMCG, 2000 – 2005
- Director of Finance and Administration, Merck & Co Saudi and Hungary, Pharmaceuticals, 1991 – 2000
- Cost Accountant, Procter & Gamble, Egypt , FMCG, 1987 – 1990
- Diploma in Operations Management 2015 – Saint Gobain School of Management
- Marketing Diploma 1995 – Merck Management School
- Bachelor of Commerce, Major Accounting, 1981-1985