- Press Office
- Useful Links
Throughout his career, Mr. Tawfik has been working in the field of Financial Investments, both as academician (1972-1978 as a university lecturer of economics and finance in Egypt and in the USA with 2 Master degrees from Egypt "1976" and university of California "1978"), and as a practitioner thereafter.
During the last 38 years Mr. Tawfik has been an active player in the Egyptian Capital Market activities. He played a pivotal role in establishing, developing, and management of EFG-Hermes investment bank (1982-1997), Egycap Investment (1997-2001), Arabeya On Line Brokerage (2005-2007) and Naeem holding (2007-2009). He was and still is the Chairman and / or Board member of several other companies engaged in the managing of companies in the fields of Securities Brokerage, Asset Management, Corporate Finance, Private Equity, Banking, Forex and Commodities Exchange, and Venture Capital (details below). He has also participated in tens of Privatization and Public Offering activities in Egypt.
Mr. Tawfik founded and was the founder, Secretary General/ Vice Chairman of the Egyptian Capital Market Association (ECMA), which looks after the interest of all capital market participants in Egypt. In 2005, he founded and became the chairman of the Arab Private Equity and Venture Capital Association. He is also a founder and the former Chairman of the Egyptian Private Equity Association.
1) Executive Chairman of Union Capital (2016-present)
2) Chairman of Acumen-Beltone Asset Management Co. (2014-present)
2) Founder & Chairman of Egyptian Private Equity Association (2009-2016)
3) Chairman of Arab Private Equity Association (2005-2013)
4) Board Member of Arab African International Holding Company (2010-present)
5) Board Member of Egyptian Arab land Bank (2010-2013)
6) Board Member of Amer Group Holding Company (2010- present)
7) CEO and Managing Director of Naeem Holding (2007-2009)
8) Chairman of Naeem Funds Company (2008-2009)
9) Board member of Arabeya online Brokerage (2006-2008)
10) Managing Director of Egycap Investment (Private equity) (1998-2001)
11) Chairman and Managing Director of Global Management (1997-2001)
12) Founder Secretary General of Egyptian Capital Market Association (ECMA) (1995-2001)
13) Board Member of Helwan Portland cement Company (1997-2000)
14) Board Member of Al Ahli for Development and Investment( ADI) (1995-1997)
15) Chairman and Managing Director of Hermes Corporate finance (1996-1997)
16) Managing Director of Egyptian Financial Group (EFG) (1982-1995)
17) Managing Director of Financial Brokerage Group (FBG) (1994-1995)
18) Board Member of Egyptian Fund Management Group (EFMG) (1993-1995)
19) Board Member of Industrial and Engineering Projects Company (1998-1999)
1. MSC of Ag Economics ( Planning) – Egypt 1976.
2. MSC of Ag Economics ( Financial Management) – University of California – Davis 1978.